Top 5 things to check if you have no heat before calling a Vancouver heating contractor
- Is the breaker for the furnace or boiler off or old style fuse blown, if so turn on the breaker or replace the fuse.
- Is the main wall switch that controls the furnace or boiler off. Sometimes this switch that looks like a regular light switch will get accidentally turned off without anyone knowing if so turn it back on.
- Did the blower door switch get dislodged. All furnaces within the last 15 years have a door switch that can be sensitive so just take the door off of the furnace and confirm it is getting depressed when you place the door back on.
- Is the pilot light burning on older equipment. If not read the lighting instructions that should be on the door or casing somewhere and relight.
- Are the batteries in your electronic thermostat good. Most good quality electronic thermostats will either flash or have some type of indicator letting you know the batteries are low. If this is the case replace them.
Hopefully these tips will help if you have no heat and want to try a few simple steps that can save you some money and potential embarrassment of a technician showing up to flip a switch.