3 Common Home Disasters to Look Out for This Fall
Even though there are numerous home disasters, there are three home disasters that homeowners should prevent this season. These are home floods, home fires, and home explosions. The damage that can be caused by these three common home disasters is usually very significant.
Moreover, these home disasters can occur at any point during the year, but homeowners should be especially aware of these home disasters during the fall season.
Water is a very powerful force and can cause severe damage. Many homeowners make the mistake of leaving themselves vulnerable to home floods by not understanding and following certain precautions that can help prevent many home flood disasters.
Some preventative measures that homeowners can take to reduce the likelihood of a home flood include:
1. Covering outside faucets and faucets in areas where it can become extremely cold to help prevent the pipes from freezing.
2. Checking the water heater on a regular basis for leaks and repairing any problems that are discovered.
3. Checking all pipes for potential leaks and repairing any leaks that are discovered.
A home fire is one of the most common and devastating home disasters that can occur. A fire can completely destroy a home in a matter of minutes. However, homeowners can help reduce the chance of a home fire by following a few basic tips.
1. Installing at least one smoke detector in the home and checking it on a regular basis.
2. Always having a fire extinguisher available.
3. Always checking to make sure that no appliances, equipment, or other items that can result in starting a fire are left unattended during use.
While home fires can occur at any time, there is usually a sign of a potential fire or the start of a fire. On the other hand, home explosions are sudden and unexpected. Generally there is no time to stop a home explosion, but there are ways to help prevent home explosions.
Homeowners should be very careful with flammable and explosive chemicals and products such as paint, gasoline, firecrackers, and other related items. These types of items should be stored very carefully and handled with extreme care.
There are a variety of home disasters, and some home disasters are more common than others. However, special attention should be paid to home floods, home fires, and home explosions because these home disasters are very common and can cause severe damage.
Remember to keep up with a regular maintenance schedule. Call Lambert Home Comfort at (604) 734-0890 to get your Vancouver home inspected.