How Should I Prepare For the Winter?
Too often, people don't think much about their heating and cooling systems until a problem arises. By scheduling regular maintenance - like a tune-up to prepare for the winter season - you can extend the lifetime of your equipment, save money on your utility bills, and make sure you don't have any sudden problems like not having heat during the brutally cold winter months. Here are 7 of the best pre-winter tune-up services to keep your HVAC system running efficiently and effectively.
1. Cleaning and/or replacing the air filters. Dirty filters limit the efficiency of your system, and have a negative effect on your overall air quality.
2. Have your air ducts cleaned. Even the best of housekeepers can't prevent the accumulation of dust and debris in air ducts. Dirty air ducts reduce the efficiency of the system and have a huge effect on air quality. Clean, fresh-smelling air that runs through an efficiently-working system is always a good thing.
3. Examine the equipment area and piping and the overall condition. Remove any clearances. Keep the area free of clutter and make sure there aren't any leaks or other problems.
5. Adjust the gas pressure and adjust the pilot to make sure they are optimally effective.
6. Clean the furnace burner assembly and the furnace ignition assembly. Test to make sure the furnace is starting properly and monitor the heating cycle.
7. Apply any necessary protective coating.
A qualified HVAC professional will be able to complete these 7 tune-up items quickly and properly. Experience and expertise ensures that your system is truly working at its best. Having this kind of pre-winter tune-up gives you peace of mind that your system is working and that you won't have any unexpected problems during the cold winter months. Additionally, you know that your system will last longer without having to replace expensive components. Finally, you might even notice a reduction in your utility bills. The tune-up will almost certainly lead to more efficiency and an efficient system will usually lower your utility cost.
It is time to prepare your HVAC system for the winter! Call Lambert Plumbing & Heating today at (604) 734-0890 for our professional services in the Vancouver area.