Prepare for a Comfortable Allergy Season This May
If someone is an allergy sufferer, they know that the beauty of spring also brings the misery of pollen. There is no way to prevent some level of exposure during this allergy season completely. Still, there are many ways to mitigate their entry into the home by using different forms of air purification. No matter the budget or the situation, there is a device that can improve any home’s indoor air quality.
Purifying and Scrubbing the Air
Air scrubbers, meanwhile, are typically larger units of multiple filters that attach directly to a home or business’s HVAC unit. They remove pollution and allergens as the air is taken into the home or commercial space.
- Air Purifiers:
- Fit a variety of spaces and budgets.
- They are excellent for removing dust, dander, and other household allergens.
- Have HEPA filters that are easy to find and replace.
- Air Scrubbers:
- They are perfect for the whole home and commercial use.
- Have multiple levels of filtering for clean and sanitary air.
Using Ultraviolet Light and Fighting Humidity
Another common way to improve indoor air quality is to use UV filters and dehumidifiers. While neither of these units removes pollen, they are adept at filtering germs and preventing mould and mildew growth. UV filters or UV air sanitisers are made for sanitation and use ultraviolet light against viruses, bacteria, and mould spores. The light destroys these one-celled organisms.
On the other hand, dehumidifiers can act almost as air conditioners because they use a fan to pull air over cooled coils to cause water in the air to condense and reduce humidity in a room. Their primary job is not to cool the air but to reduce the water in the air. This is helpful not only for comfort level but also for hindering mould and mildew growth and making the homeless hospitable to dust mites that require above 40% humidity to live.
- UV Filters:
- Use ultraviolet light to kill germs and mould spores.
- Do not remove particulate matter.
- Condense water from the air
- They are excellent for fighting mould, mildew, and dust mites.
Getting Regularly Scheduled Maintenance on a Home’s HVAC System
Regularly scheduled professional maintenance on a home’s heating and cooling system is the simplest way to protect a house against pollen invasion. The air filters mentioned above are all available for whole-home air purification. An air scrubber can be attached that has sanitation and HEPA filtering. Ensuring the system is cleaned correctly and regularly replacing air filters will reduce allergies and increase air quality, not to mention system efficiency. Below are a few air filter facts:
- Air filters should be replaced around every three months.
- Some HVAC systems need to be adjusted to use specific filters.
- The variety of filters available can be intimidating. Consult a pro if questions arise.
About Lambert Plumbing & Heating, LTD
For over 40 years, Lambert Plumbing & Heating, LTD has been proudly serving the greater Vancouver area. They provide upfront pricing, financing, on-time arrival, and 24/7 emergency service. Call them today for indoor air quality services in Vancouver, BC.
Distribution Links +