HVAC maintenance is one of the most commonly performed heating services. This is because every central heating and cooling system needs to be cleaned and inspected at least once a year in order to keep it maintained at its highest efficiency and quality.
So why are you paying so much for your annual maintenance check? Unfortunately, it’s probably because you had no idea how much a maintenance service should cost, and were taken advantage of by a dishonest HVAC technician.
Lambert Heating and Plumbing LTD wants to help remedy that situation, and prove that there are honest maintenance companies out there that genuinely care about keeping your home warm in the winter for a fair price! Read on to learn all you need to know about heater maintenance, and it's cost.
What Exactly Does a Heating Maintenance Visit Include?
When a heating technician arrives at your home to inspect and clean your central HVAC system, there are a few operations that should always be performed. Each has great importance to the health of your heating unit. Make sure that your HVAC maintenance visit includes all of the following:
- A check of all your system’s controls. Does it turn on, run, and turn off again the way it’s supposed to?
- Check that gas connections, gas pressure, burner combustion and heat exchanger are safe.
- Lubricate belts and other moving parts, to reduce friction and improve system’s efficiency.
- Make sure electrical connections are safely tightened, and measure voltage and current on fan motors.
- Inspect and clean condensate drain and pan. If the drain is clogged, the pan can overflow, leading to water damage and, eventually, mold and mildew growth that can ruin your indoor air quality.
- Change the air filter to keep air quality high and improve the efficiency of the system.
How Much Should All of That Cost?
For a complete maintenance check and tune-up, you can usually expect to pay anything from $50-$150, depending on the area you live in and the type of service you select.
A one-time maintenance visit, for example, shouldn’t cost more than $100, but if you choose to purchase a maintenance plan membership, it may have a higher initial cost to cover all of the added benefits it brings.
Most heating maintenance memberships include discounts on future services, satisfaction guarantees, and priority scheduling. If this is something you think may be of interest to you, ask your heating technician about any membership plans their company offers.
Why Haven’t You Called Lambert Plumbing and Heating LTD Yet?
If you’re looking for a reliable and skilled heating service company in the greater Vancouver area, you’ve found it at Lambert Plumbing and Heating LTD. We’ve been providing quality service backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee since 1977, and we aren’t quitting any time soon!
At Lambert Plumbing and Heating LTD, we consider our customers to be like family. That’s why you can trust in our upfront pricing, and our promise to keep you updated on any issues we encounter along the way. Give us a call today to ask about our full HVAC maintenance service.